IS lecture in the morning, today had talked about Taoism and Buddhism by Professor An. ((: I liked his lectures, cause he had let us discover more about the Chinese philosophy. Lao zi who was the founder of Taoism, who had believed that everything in this world is divided into two equal parts, one positive and other negative. They are like 2 powerful streams, side by side with each other. Tao, advocates carefree flight from the responsibility & conventional duties and was much more concern about human ordinary affairs which was describe as transcedetal the world of spirit. Tao had also turned to the secrets of life, their concept of Tao was harmony & orderliness must be displayed in heaven & earth.
There are 2 main points in the Tao philosophy, first was WuWei, disposition should accompany such contemplation & indeed the whole of life. The meaning was acting without artificiality without overreaction without attachment to action itself. It attends to virtues of human life, kindness, sincerity and humanity. Contentment in the lines & relationship of men as the restraint of self from anger, ambition & meddlesome action is never negative in it's consequences.
Second point was , 德 the power of morality, power of good, power of naturalise, simplicity, even power of weakness. Teaches survival, how to keep one's interaction in the time of disorders. Saying, all things goes through natural process and come as being to earth but end of life it comes to death and will become a part of earth.
Buddhism, has the ideology that life is inevitably full of sorrow. Read about 4 noble truths, the noble that is suffering, the noble that is arising of suffering, the noble that is end of suffering, the noble that is the way leading to the end of suffering.
Both of the philosophy was all talking about life, and how to control self in life. They hold strong beliefs in their own respective beliefs and believe to attain a high level in life, by following their own beliefs will bring them to a level which can be a fairy in the heaven. All this beliefs are due to human life and their behaviours and attitude towards life, how they think that all those thinkings are important to life is up to one's mind to decide. However, i personally feel that some of the lines in the beliefs and also some knowledge in the beliefs itself are worth to follow as it does good to life and also helps one to control from disadvantaging self .
I learnt many styles of cultivating oneself, to attain a better self but not a higher level of being fairy purifying myself.
Overall, I had an interesting lecture today cause I learnt something and got into my head.
After lectures, it was free time. Xiameng had passed me the puppy, cause she was having problems then, I had helped her to take to yeye, who liked dogs a lot and keeps them for guarding purpose. He already had two big dogs, xiao Q and Dahua working with him. I added them a new member, xiao bao. I really hope Dahua won't bully her and take good care of her, for now I am responsible of xiao bao's life and also she was my adopted baby, and just that she's staying here and I'll be leaving in 2 weeks time. I promised yeye, to write him a letter every week, so if you know remind me. I might forget, thank you..
Before handing in her to yeye, had spent a quality afternoon time with her. I tend to grow more attached to her, as time ticks its way off. But I know, in reality I can't bring her back and she had to stay here with yeye and two buds. I know she'll be fine, I just know cause I pray for her, where ever I know I can. God will bring my love to her, and bless her. She's a blessed kid. Before I go, I will I promise say good bye, at least she knows and I will keep updates of her with me always. During the next 2 weeks, I promise her I will visit her every alternate days in my stay just to let her know everything's okay and fine. Because, she's in my heart always, and I'm in hers.
Today, I'm feeling emotional. I missed sweetiepie.